Monday, November 17, 2008

No Time For A Job

I'm in the process of making the girls' sweaters. Maggie's is Blue Mint and Emma's is Limelight. I didn't choose the colors, they did. The plan is to make Maggie's with a stripe or two of Limelight and Emma's will have a stripe or two of Blue Mint.

They will be getting American Girl dolls for Christmas from their grandmother, Pam. She asked me to make a few dresses for the dolls and gave me a pattern and some Christmas-y fabrics. I thought it would be cute to make matching sweaters for the dolls. A few weeks ago, I saw some little teddy bears at Michael's that were about 3" tall. How cute would that be if I make tiny sweaters for the teddy bears and each doll had one?!?

I have finished the cross-stitch birth announcement for our soon-to-be-born grandbaby. I just have to wait to see who it will be - Alexander or Kaylee. Then I can finish with the baby's birthdate, weight and name. I probably won't get it finished - matting and framing - until some time in January. It will go great with the nursery. Justin has painted a moon, stars and a sun on the walls. This cross-stitch is of a mother sitting on a crescent moon, holding a baby. The verse reads "A mother's arms are made of tenderness, and sweet sleep blesses the child who lies therein." It's a verse by Victor Hugo.

The pink teapot cross-stitch is also finished. I need to sand and paint the tray, get a mat and a piece of glass and put it all together. I think it'll look nice.

I probably won't get back to making the Barbie gown until after Christmas. The scrapbook pages of the two of us are also packed up, waiting for another day. I don't have to make any cards anytime soon, either. I have plenty from the failed attempts to sell them at craft fairs.

No comments: