Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm A Little Teapot


This is the teapot x-stitch I made for Betty. She collects teapots in every country she visits. Unfortunately, I haven't visited any countries (except Canada) and haven't purchased any teapots.

I saw this chart on a Michael's website and tried my best to download it, but for some reason I couldn't get it. I appealed to the other forum users on Michael's and a lady named Judy downloaded it and mailed it to me!

Too bad there's a flash spot on the glass covering the teapot. The pinks used in the chart are what make this pot so pretty. I also glued some "diamonds" to the fabric to emphasize the centers of some of the designs.

I gave it to her the other afternoon. She called me and asked to take me to a belated birthday lunch. I had it all ready to give to her for Christmas and thought this might be a good time to give it to her. We always try to get together around Christmas, but you never know if the weather will be good, or not. So....

She was thrilled! She told me she has a little white teapot that she takes to her room at night so she can have some hot tea before bed. Now she has a place for the little teapot and also a little plate for cookies!!

2 comments:

Brenda Kelley said...

I have learned the hard way to NOT put the glass in until AFTER I take the photo. All the photos I tried to take of all the counted cross stitch I did for Hannah and Hope didn't turn out because of the flash spot.

Janice said...

That's a good idea! I'll try to remember that next time....