Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Bride's Maid Dress


This dress has a history. It started out as a bride's maid's dress that Kara was forced to wear. Well, anyway, the dress was hanging in a closet taking up valuable space.

I was looking for fabric to make another Princess dress for the granddaughters when I remembered that we still had it. After cutting it up I promised the girls that I'd get to it soon.

After several years, I'm ready to make it but they are now 6 and 7 and the pattern won't fit them anymore. Yikes! I promised!

Ah ha!! Isn't it amazing how wonderful ideas just come in a flash? I took the cut up pieces and made this dress for one of the American Girl dolls. That slick fabric is a pain to sew! It kept slipping and sliding, but I managed to get it done. I think the lace overskirt looks great!

Maggie and Emma are going to love it!

No comments: