Friday, August 22, 2008

Same Card, Different Envelope


Some time ago, I received a little "flat" card (one that wasn't folded) and it had a little rounded edge on top so it could be pulled from the envelope. I liked it so much, I decided to make some of my own. I carefully opened the envelope and made a pattern from it. My card is a folded one, but I'm probably going to make some "flat" ones, too. The sentiment would be written on the back, either by printer or by hand.

I used some of that delicious paper from Hot Hues. I glued that down on the front of the card. All around the edges of the paper, I used my ruler and a gold paint pen. I used a ruler because I wanted the line to be straight. Sometimes I don't want to use a ruler and then it looks more "casual". At the top, I handwrote 'happy anniversary'. I punched a circle from gold vellum and folded it into a cone shape and tied it with a brown 1/8" ribbon, then glued it to the front of the card. The flowers were punched from brown and pink glitter matstack from Joanne's. I glued each flower down covering part of the back of the gold wrapper.

I lined the envelope with some of the leftover paper. This card could be (and probably will be) made as a birthday or 'get well' card.

No comments: