Saturday, August 16, 2008

Other "Craps"















Not everything I make is with paper and glue. I also like to crochet, knit, smock, cross-stitch, put together scrapbooks and do a little "one-stroke" painting.

This is a crocheted scarecrow with crocheted pumpkins and crocheted crows sitting on his hat and arm. It won first place in this year's fair in the holiday decoration division.

At one time I made a doll-house from a kit for Kara and then checked out a book from the library on making minature doll-house furniture. I made all the furniture from balsa wood. I had a ball.

One of the ladies from church had set up her kiln in one of the vacant Sunday School rooms and let people come in and make pottery. She had a couple of molds for doll-house items. I made a complete bathroom set - tub, sink and toilet. I also made some dishes and some of them had food on them. If I remember correctly there was also a turkey on a platter and some loaves of bread. They were really cute! One was a birthday cake and I wrote her name on the cake. Unfortunately, the doll house was knocked off a shelf and broke into several pieces. Unfixable. She still has the furniture and the pottery, I think.

No comments: