Friday, August 22, 2008

Metallic Abstract














This card was time-consuming, but well worth the effort. I got the pattern from "Card & Thread" by Polly Pinder.

After tracing the shape onto tracing paper, I scribbled over the reverse side with a white pencil. I laid this white pencil side down onto black cardstock and retraced the image plus the little notch markings. That was very tedious, luckily I had "Dr. Phil" on the tv to keep me company.

I cut the little notches out with tiny scissors and then I was ready for the threads. Using silver and then gold metallic threads on the upper one, I wrapped the thread around the shape in a numerical order and taped the loose ends to the back. The bottom one used silver and copper metallic threads. I think they turned out great!

I cut metallic card stock to make a 4"x 8" side opening card. Well, actually, I just made the card face. I plan on making a card with black or grey cardstock and gluing it to the front. I don't think metallic cardstock folds well. It always cracks if it's not folded 'on grain'. I wanted the stripes on the silver card face to be horizontal but that was 'off grain'.

No comments: