Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Cards for December 2012

I've been using Pinterest for a couple of months and have found so many excellent sites for cards, needlecrafts, household hints and anything else you can think of. If you haven't looked at Pinterest, you should! I have several "boards" and one of them is "Cards".

I thought I'd start with January and post pictures of the cards I've made, using Pinterest ideas. Some of them are not exactly like the Pinterest posts, but they are close. Completely duplicating another's card isn't what I start out to do, although sometimes I do get very close. Usually, though, I like the picture of a card and then my own imagination takes over and it'll turn out close, but not exact.


These are the cards I made for Alex, Maggie and Emma. You can't see it, but there is sparkley glitter under the snowmen on Alex's card and that sky and the cuff of Maggie's glove card have sparkles on them, plus the snowflakes are silver foil. Emma's card has a red foil backing on a black card front and the penguins have "googley" eyes.

I have a box of paper scraps that I use when I'm punching out shapes to use on cards or scrapbook pages. After a while, I have to "purge" the box and start over. Luckily, I hadn't purged the box before I made these cards, because I found just the right shade of green for the holly on the snowman's hat and the brown for the snowmen's arms.





No comments: