Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cards for January 2013

The silver foil bird is suspended in the center opening of this card. Behind the bird, when the card is opened, is a tiny handwritten phrase: "Happy Bird-day" . The difficulty was cutting the circle and the foil frame and getting them to match up and making sure the bird was in the center, because the bird can twist and turn when the card is propped open.

This card was made with the leftover centers from a bunch of silver foil frames I had cut out for Santa's belt buckles on my Christmas cards. I didn't want to throw them away and just decided to make a card with them! I cut the "weed" from black and added silver foil dots on the buds. 

This is hard to see, but it's a white-on-white card that looked beautiful "in person". The top right and  bottom left corners are embossed panels and white lacy ribbon was glued horizontally and vertically at their edges and the large white snowflake was "popped" up and a white pearl was added in the center of it. I used it as a birthday card, but it could also be a nice anniversary or wedding card. 

These are just several of the cards I made. Actually, I made 16 cards for various birthdays and anniversaries for January.

No comments: