Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 2013

February's weather has been bouncing back and forth between nice sunny balmy days and snowy sleety cold and windy days. I prefer the balmy sunny days!

Since the heavy driving rains haven't caused the bathroom ceiling to leak for some time now, Jimmy finally decided it was time to fix that ceiling. We still don't have the bathroom repainted yet, but hopefully in the spring! We've decided to paint it a nice tan (to match the floor we put down two years ago) and I plan to buy some NEW towels!! I hope to get burgundy and light brown.

I had some great ideas for cards for February and, of course, I was looking at Pinterest. Wow! I can lose several hours diving into that deep, deep place. If you haven't tried Pinterest, you should!


This pretty card has an embossed panel at the bottom with a glittery paper ribbon I found in a 90% off bin at Joanne's Fabrics. I bought pink, blue, red, green and gold. I paid .30 for each roll. Nice!

The card I found on Pinterest was much more involved and more luxurious than this one, but I think this one looks pretty good, even if I do say so myself.  I used a leaf punch and a flower punch instead of cutting out something with the Cricut. I stamped "hello" on the outside and "Happy Birthday" on the inside. I just love my "cling" stampers. They take up very little room and I have them mounted on a clear plastic sheet that I've put on a clipboard. It's very handy and I can get at all my clings at once.


I made this 25th anniversary card for our pastor, Mark and his wife, Donna to celebrate his (and her!) being with our church for 25 years. We had a luncheon after church and they showed a video that his family had made for them. It was touching and funny! We had a nice crowd, too. Well, it WAS a Baptist lunch! Everyone knows that Baptist women can cook!


This was the big card I made for everyone in the congregation to sign at the luncheon. I used a piece of poster board folded in half. (I had to cut a section off to make it more pleasing to look at, because otherwise, it would have been too tall and skinny.) I rounded the corners with a corner punch, too.

As you can see, it's almost the exact same as the birthday card. I used three pieces of pink glittery ribbon and cut the leaves and flowers with my Cricut. I also cut the "25" and "congratulations" using the Cricut and silver foil. The 25 is backed with black to help make it stand out from the white card.  The centers of the flowers are gold glittery paper. I attached a poem about pastors to the inside. It was well received. We managed to get just about everyone to sign the inside of the card. Some people I approached said that they had already put a card in the basket and I had to ask them to sign the big card, too. Mentally, I was shaking my head and rolling my eyes! HA!

No comments: