Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet Sleep


This is the birth announcement I cross-stitched for Alexander. His room has a big moon on one wall with stars and the adjoining wall has a big smiling sun, all painted by his Dad. I thought this would be appropriate for a boy, too - since the mother is holding a baby boy.

The inscription says: A mother's arms are made of tenderness and sweet sleep blesses the child who lies therein. Victor Hugo

I stitched this a few years back for our oldest granddaughter simply because I liked the picture and the verse. Her birth announcement cross-stitch was a beautiful bassinet with ribbons and "girly" stuff - a little too frilly for a boy. I shopped several stores looking for a nice chart for a boy, but they were all lame looking. I kept coming back to this one in my pattern box. I think it goes well with his room.

I hope he and his parents think so, too!

No comments: