Monday, May 25, 2009

Stitch This!

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. I've been trying to use my PC Stitch program and I've encountered one problem after another. Since I'm having so much trouble, I decided the best thing to do would be to start from the beginning.

I opened the program as if I had never seen it before (I've had it for about seven years!). I pretended that I was a newbie and was going to start with the tutorials. OK. Click on the icon to get it all started. Now comes the first obstacle. A little window opened up and said it was starting the install wizard. Hmmmm. It's been installed for seven years. Ok, never mind. The little green dots go across the little screen, everything seems to be going along splendidly. Oops. A little message comes up that I need to install Photo Explosion SE. I check my programs list and see that I have Photo Explosion already.

After clicking on the "close" button about a gazillion times, the stupid little box goes away and the program starts. What?!? Why is it starting? What about the Photo Explosion SE it demanded from me a few minutes ago?!?

Never mind. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Just relax and enjoy this nice little program. Sit up straight, relax my shoulders and let's get on with it. Ok. The program opens and I click on the tutorials box. I've decided that I'm a newbie, right? I click on the first tutorial. Click this, click that, yawn, boring. But I've decided to go from the very beginning. Ok. That's done. Let's click on the second tutorial.

This one is about importing pictures. It doesn't want me to import my own pictures, yet. It wants me to open its own first, to get the hang of it. I'll all for that. I click on the "import" button, I see the box it wants me to open. I open that box. Now the instructions tell me to open a file that the installation program put on my hard drive. I see two files but they aren't the one I need. It's a picture of two little kids. Nope. Nowhere. Gritting my teeth, now. Wiping sweat from my brow. I search my program list. Nothing.

I've been at this for about 90 minutes. Jimmy wants to use the computer. Hah! Fat chance. I'm going to get this thing worked out or the computer goes out the window.

My next question is - can I uninstall this program and reinstall it? Will that work? I've got an email out to the PC Stitch company. I wonder if this will take as long as the Cricut fiasco did? That was about two weeks.

No comments: