Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well, Thanks Bunches, Walmart!

It's right there on their advertisement - We honor all competitors sale prices! I took an ad in to purchase a Cricut. Joanne's Fabrics had it on sale for $99.99. It's usually $199.99. This is a great savings! When I approached the Customer Service person, she said she didn't think it would be honored. She then called over one of the Assistant Managers. He left to go ask someone else. I knew then that this wasn't going to happen.

He came back with a pretend sad face and informed me that they couldn't let me have it for that price. It was too great a discount. I asked him about WM's statement in all of their ads about honoring competitors' sale prices. He shrugged his shoulders and said "Sorry". I shrugged my shoulders and said I had wanted to keep Front Royal money in Front Royal, but now I was going to have to take that money to Winchester. "Sorry" was all he could say.

I've never been able to get a competitor's sale price on anything at Walmart, except for items that are maybe less than $5.00. If that's what WM means by honoring sale prices, they should put that in their advertisements. "We honor all competitors' sale prices as long as it's less than $5.00."

I had tried last year to get the Cricut Design Studio at WM, using another store's advertised sale price. The CS person told me that the competitor's store had to be outside a 50-mile radius. Since it was for A.C. Moore, that left me out.

I wish they'd just print out their exceptions.

1 comment:

Brenda Kelley said...

Here in FL, I was told they would only do a price match if a JoAnn's was in town, then they said "within a 20-mile radius". The nearest JoAnn's is less than that; also the nearest Michael's is at exit 191 on the other side of I-95, this WalMart is at exit 220 thereby being outside the "20-mile" rule. At that Michael's they won't do the price match unless they call the JoAnn's to see if that exact same item is in their store which is about 15 miles further south. Ya can't win!!