Friday, February 6, 2009

Alex's Sock Monkey

I finished Alex's sock monkey! When I made the monkeys for Maggie and Emma, I had two socks left, so I went ahead and cut out the pieces and put them in a zip-lock bag with the pattern. You simply never know when you'll need another sock monkey!

I made him a pair of pants with some green starred fabric I found in my scrap box. When I was going through the box looking for something suitable, I realized all I had was girly fabrics. Pinks, flowered, satiny, lacy, frilly - but nothing for a boy. The green starred piece was just big enough to cut out a pair of monkey pants.

I made him a pair of socks with the leftover piece of sock. When I didn't find anything for a shirt, I embroidered a red "I love you" heart on his chest. To finish him off, I embroidered Alex's name and the year on the monkey's butt.

I'm going to try to find a straw boater hat. That will look great!

No comments: