Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Things For The Dolls















The girls are getting American Girl dolls for Christmas from their other grandmother and I have been busy making clothes for them. I showed Jimmy the table and chairs in the AG catalog and asked if he could use the dimensions listed to make an appropriate sized table and chairs for the dolls as a Christmas present for the girls.

He did a great job and I know they're going to love it! I have a china tea set that will fit perfectly! I took an old picnic basket and lined it with a red printed fabric. Instead of packing the doll clothes in an old box, I thought this would be perfect! I found another tutu and leotard at Michael's craft store and it came with a set of plastic butterfly wings for the doll. I took it apart and traced it on a transparency sheet, cut it out, punched the two holes, creased it, put in the elastic cord and Voila! another set of butterfly wings to go with the tutu and leotard that I made.

I wrapped up some little boxes as Christmas presents from Santa (with a card from him for each doll). I also wrapped up two other little boxes as birthday presents (with cards) from each doll to the other. My last effort was to make 10 little envelopes with tiny cards inside for the dolls to send to each other or to Maggie and Emma. I think I'm having more fun than they will! Included in the picnic basket are two little notebooks I made for the dolls' journals. I'm hoping that Maggie and Emma with write in them. They are very little - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".

After Christmas, when the sale is on, I'm going to Joann's to get another pattern for clothes that includes pants. The sale price for the $15.00 pattern will be $1.99. I think, tho, that all their McCalls patterns are regularly 40% off every day, but $1.99 beats $9.00!

1 comment:

JudyPatootie said...

You guys are so crafty!! Beautiful table & chairs for the girls. I've been wondering what you would come up with next.