Monday, September 9, 2013

Pinterest Cards




I love Pinterest! I've gotten so many great ideas from that site. If I'm not careful, I'll find that I've been on for hours - losing track of time. I find a card idea that I like and click on it to be taken to the creator's blog or site. From there, I find another card idea and another and another....clicking on any of those might take me to another site and another and another....you get the idea!

This one was for my pastor and his wife, celebrating 25 years with our church. It was a sheet of poster board folded and cut down a little. I make this type really big and then we put it out for the congregation to sign before we give it. The "25" and "Congratulations" were cut using my Cricut and silver poster board. It turned out really nice! The leaves were cut with Storybook (letter J, shift) and the flowers were from Walk in My Garden. 


The three with the black backgrounds were a lot of fun to make. That design came from stuffbyvickie.blogspot.com. She used fabric flowers, but I didn't have any of those, so I used paper ones from K&Company. I have a whole pad of sheets of popout flowers. I ran the black paper through the Big Kick and an embossing folder. The ribbons were just some that I had in my ribbon stash. I cut the bottom edges of the colored strips with different edge punches.

This one with the three flowers was pinned from iminhaven.blogspot.com. Mine is pretty similar to hers except I made mine for a birthday. I used orange/white checked paper for the flowers and a muddy green for the "grass". The tag was cut with my Big Kick and I stamped the word with dark green ink.

This last one was made for my daughter's 40th birthday. I love the black, yellow and white.  The flowers were made with a punch and I used a regular hole punch to punch out the black centers. I have white floral wire that I glued to the backs of the flowers and then to the back of the "Celebrate" banner that was attached using yellow brads. The flowers are doubled so that when the card is opened, the flowers appear on that side, too. The "40" was cut with Cricut and SCAL using a font from my computer.

I hope to upload more of my cards when I have the time. I also wish I had the creativity that I see on Pinterest! I also need to get crackin' on my next scrapbook. It's going to be all about my daughter. I've already done one of her two beautiful girls, one of my handsome grandson, one of my husband and me, one of just all of us as kids, and a small 8x8 of our ancestors. All of my scrapbooks have been entered in the county fairs and all of them  have won blue ribbons! After I finish hers, I'll be starting on one of my son. I have lots of pictures, lots of crafting supplies and lots of time. I just need ideas.....

No comments: